Friday, October 9

All These Laps, Dirt, Hills And Barriers Are Making Me Tired

Now I have something in common with pros -

From Cyclingnews -
"Sven Nys (Landbouwkrediet-Colnago) has blamed fatigue for his poor showing in the early cyclo-cross races of this season. Just days before the first Gazet van Antwerpen Trophy round, a major money-spinner for European ‘cross riders, Nys says he’s not panicking about his results since the season commenced in mid-September."


I can see it now, finishing a lap down and not contesting the sprint for 73rd place:

VdB: Johnson, what happened? Why are your ridding like my vet schoonmoeder?
JJ: Sorry. I guesse I was just tired.
VdB: Tired!?!? Tired? U bent een dikke trage ezel !!!!!
JJ: Whoa ... take it easy VdB, don't panick. I mean I was really tired. More like fatigued.


Top ten other acceptable excuses for riding like a vet traag ezel
:


1) sniffles
2) hungover
3) still drunk
4) taking it easy for tommorrow's group road ride
5) just didn't feel like it
6) its a glandular problem
7) other riders taking your line
8) saving it for the last lap
9)groundhog bit your tire, made it flat
10) stopped for a beer and a fried belgium sandwich at the top of the run up.

No comments: