Tuesday, October 20

Pandas Roar at Lions of Fairfax

Start of Men's C

Arriving 15 minutes before the start of my race, I heard the MC announce results from earlier in the day, “Alexander Shwe, fourth place.” Ahhh, Pandapodium!


Up and Over Mike

I pinned up my jersey, number on the left, and previewed the course. Although unable to match Shwe the younger, Mike and Dave remained competitive (37th and 6th respectively) which is more than I can say for myself. A flat with three laps to go saw me run the last half of the course to finish 2 down, DFL.

Crusing home on a flat
VdB: Keep running!
Me: That’s it, I’m done, official said I’m done.
VdB: Official?!?!?!? He blows his whistle like dronken schildpad. You’re not done yet. Keep running! Run!!!!

Talking about finishing strong, Shaw also provided some pandapodium taking 5th. Did he do the dubble on Sunday ? Not sure, come on out to BASP next week and ask him yourself. He is sure to be sporting the new panda blanca.



Shaw on the Corners

No comments: